Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Shed Pounds Before The Big Day!















I really do not advise losing a lot of weight right before your wedding, unless it's necessary. You should start some kind of regiment before you buy your dress. Simply guessing when purchasing a dress in a smaller size is not the safest way. So this is more geared towards maybe a bride that has gained 5-10 pounds and needs to shed it fast.

So the first thing is obvious - dump the junk! No more candy! Replace that with high protein snacks like a few nuts or protein bars. I know it does not sound yummy - but we're desperate right?!

Next thing, DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT drink your calories! Pop and other high calorie drinks only make weight gain worse!

EAT AND EAT SOME MORE! Here's the deal... I figured this out recently when I dropped a staggering 20 pounds since March. I had a baby almost 2 years ago and still had baby fat from not exercising and eating out because of a busy schedule. My secret was and is this... I only eat until the hunger pain goes away. I don't stuff myself, I do not overindulge. I simply eat anytime I am hungry. I may eat about the same portions as my 2 year old... but I in turn, shrank my stomache so I have no desire to over eat. I simply can not do it or I feel sick.

TRY TO EXCERCISE! I know sometimes joining a gym can be difficult and a little demanding. Here's something I tried. I park far away at Target, at the Mall, when I meet clients, any where I go. I try to walk. It may not be great excersize but at least it's something!

Also one other thing. I didn't obsessively weigh myself either. I could just tell by how my jeans were no longer fitting me, the comments other people made. Then after a few weeks I would weigh myself at my mom's. I do not keep a scale.

If you would like to shape something like your back or arms, do high reps with weights of 5 lbs & 10 lbs. Feel the burn!!!! :)

Good luck!

No comments: