Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Looking For Exact Colors?


















So I was looking through my blog roll and found a post on Pantone wedding colors over at Color Me Inspired {love them!} from yesterday that really had me giddy! So I really wanted to touch on this subject for our local brides NOW before any more wedding paraphernalia purchasing happens! So lets begin...what is Pantone you ask? Great question! It is a renown authority on color in the graphic design world that you use to find exact colors to use for design, publishing + printing purposes. I recently had a chance to find out first hand what Pantone colors were as I chose the colors for my new logo. My graphic designer and I poured over Pantone swatches trying to find that perfect color. So I am familiar on how they work with the graphic design + printing world. Now... adding that into weddings?! That's something that can make me happy! So I went over to the Dessy site to check out exactly what this Pantone collaberation was.

Can I get woot woot?!!! This idea/site is absolutely amazing and something design teams could have only dreamed of! You purchase the swatch cards that are a full 8.5x11" for about $10. This swatch is split up into 14 different cards that you can use for everything! Hand one to your mom so that if she is shopping and finds something perfect, she has your color swatch! Give one to your cake designer so the color is perfect on your cake, give one to your design team so that they can make sure everything they purchase is correct! The possibilities go on and on!

I must say I am so happy with this site! They offer so much, it's incredible! They partnered with Stila to offer a fantastic bridesmaid's gift that is valued around $65 for $29! With this offer you get their quilted clutch which comes in 60 Pantone colors, a matching head wrap, lipstick & lipgloss that come in 4 different colors. PERFECTION! Need a gift for the flower girl? Well... they have matching flower girl doll dresses! WHAT?! Yes! Yes! Yes! You can give your flower girl the exact replica of her dress for her doll! How cute is that?!

So besides offering wedding, bridesmaid + flower girl dresses and accessories, they offer Tuxes as well! No more guessing on coordinating your wedding party! If you thought it couldn't get any better... it does! YOU CAN DESIGN INSPIRATION BOARDS! My favorite! What better way to convey your ideas to your wedding professionals? Having an inspiration board will not only allow them to see what's in your head, but possibly replicate ideas that you have found AND get the colors exactly! Whoah... I think I am about to faint! This way too much for me to handle!

So go over to the Dessy Pantone site, sign up for an account and start working on this! Because we are so impressed, this our new arsenal in Ashley Troyer Events planning + design process. We'll be working this into our design meetings with new brides!

So now that we found something to make our day, our week and possibly our year... we hope you have a fabulous time! :)









{images via Dessy Group }

No comments: